4D Number Plates Make the Ultimate Statement
A car is an expense anyone can justify splurging on. After all, it’s an extension of yourself. Some may argue that your car makes as much of a first impression as you do! Let TopReg help you make the ultimate statement with personalised 4D number plates.
You can even customise your 4D number plate to reflect the car model you drive! Just in case you don’t think your Ferrari is making enough of a statement, get its number plate to say “Ferrari” too!
What are 4D Number Plates?
These increasingly popular number plates are made with 4D characters that make the laser cut acrylic lettering stand out more from the background of the plate.
They are considered premium products of the highest quality and design. Customised 4D number plates allow car owners to personalise their vehicle while controlling the overall aesthetic of their car. 4D plates look especially fancy on the showroom floor if you’re a bit of a car exhibitionist.
Are 4D Number Plates Legal?
4D number plates are 100% legal when they meet the following standards set by the DVLA:
- They must contain black characters on a yellow or white background.
- The number plate must be made from a reflective material.
- They cannot have a patterned background.
- Number plates must show the name and postcode of the Registered Number Plate Supplier.
- They must be printed in the standard Charles Wright font, with letters being 50mm wide, 79mm tall with a space between them of 11mm.
You can find out more about this in our article: What Are 4D Number Plates and Are They Legal?
Are 3D and 4D Number Plates the Same?
The only real difference between 3D and 4D number plates is their finish and the materials they are made with.
While 3D gel number plates are made with polyurethane gel resin, 4D plates are made from solid acrylic to elevate the characters of the plate.
3D Gel Plates = raised, smooth, rounded edges
4D Plates = raised, “boxy”, straight edges
The Benefits of 4D Number Plates
There are multiple benefits to kitting out your vehicle with 4D number plates. Besides the fact that they look magnificent, here are some more reasons to consider 4D number plates for your car:
- Using 4D plates is a unique way to personalise your vehicle.
- They offer a sleek and modern finish to any vehicle, whether it is a modern car or not.
- 4D number plates are highly visible which is the reason you have number plates in the first place. They should be easy to read and recognise in any condition.
- The materials used to make 4D number plates are more durable than those used to make standard plates.
- Lasercut acrylic 4D plates look extra special on the showroom floor.
- It can be considered an “added extra” to prospective buyers.