Registration Details for AUD 198V
This registration can only be transferred onto a vehicle registered on or after January 1979, or keep it for later on a DVLA certificate.
- Compulsory DVLA Fee:
We won’t be beaten on price!
If you find a cherished registration on our website being advertised cheaper by another dealer, we’ll price match and in some cases offer to beat it! Simply get in touch with our friendly team and let us know where you’ve seen it and we’ll take care of the rest.
Questions About Buying This Private Plate?
Please see our answers to frequently asked questions below.
Buying and owning your dream private plate with TopReg couldn’t be simpler!
- Find your dream registration using our state of the art search engine which holds more than 65 million DVLA & personalised registrations.
- The cost of the registration, along with the compulsory DVLA fee (currently £80), and VAT if applicable are shown above on this page.
- Click the ‘Buy Now’ button to proceed immediately to our quick and easy 3-step checkout process, or ‘Make Enquiry’ if we need to check availability with the seller of a Cherished registration.
- During checkout, you can select if you would like to include a set of number plates for your registration which will be dispatched within 1 business working day. (96% of our customers choose this service.)
- You can select if you would like TopReg to handle the DVLA legal transfer of the registration to your vehicle, or assign to a retention certificate using our Fast Track Transfer Service. (98% of our customers choose this service.)
- Make your payment. Once your order is received, our dispatch team will work on completing it as quickly as possible!
If you don’t opt for our Fast Track Transfer Service, then we will post to you the certificate for your registration which you can use to assign the registration to your vehicle.
Once the legal transfer of the registration to a vehicle has been completed, you can then display your new plates on the vehicle.
You certainly can, with one proviso — This registration can only be assigned to a vehicle registered on or after January 1979. DVLA specify that you cannot make your vehicle appear newer than it is. For example, you cannot assign a registration issued in 2012 onto a vehicle registered in 2005.
The vehicle must also require tax, be MOT testable (not exempt), and not a ‘Q’ plate.
Yes, if you don’t have a car yet, you can still purchase the registration today, and assign it at a later date! The registration AUD 198V can be issued on a retention certificate (which is valid for 10 years), until you are ready to assign it to a suitable vehicle.
Certainly! If you are purchasing this registration as a present for someone, you can gift the certificate to the recipient for them to assign to their vehicle, either straight away or at a later date. The only information we require is the name of the person that the registration will be assigned to (the ‘Nominee’). You can tell us this during the checkout process.
If purchasing as an investment, we/you can assign the registration onto a retention certificate (which lasts for 10 years and can be renewed thereafter). Should you decide to later assign the registration to a vehicle, you can do so at any time.
No, you can either assign it straight away or keep it on a retention certificate until you are ready to assign it to a vehicle.
Please note: The DVLA transfer fee (currently £80) is always payable at the point of purchase, but you will not be charged again when you assign your registration mark at a later date.
We Certainly can! We offer a Fast Track Transfer Service, our most popular option at checkout which removes any added legal hassle and makes the process of purchasing much smoother.
- Stress-free — We deal with all the legal paperwork.
- Transfer completed as quickly as possible or at a date of your choice.
- TopReg will update your TAX and MOT records.
- No need to deal with the DVLA — that’s our job.
You can provide your V5C (logbook) 11 digit document reference number during checkout, or provide it at a later date if you do not have this yet. If you’re not ready for the assignment straight away then you can select a preferred transfer date of your choice.
This option is available during the checkout process, please be sure to tick the box for our ‘Fast Track Transfer Service’ or ‘Retention Certificate Service’ at checkout.
As well as the usual customer name/address details, we only require the keeper’s name of the vehicle you wish to transfer this registration onto. You can enter this during the checkout process, under the ‘Nominee Details’ section.
Yes! We Partner with Klarna Finance and you can find details on our Finance Information page.
Finance is available for the purchase of registrations between £250-£5,000. Simply choose the Klarna Finance payment option at the end of the checkout process.